Salmon’s Five Stage steps to online learning are:
- Access and Motivation – A participants attitude and ability to get online help.
- Online Socializing – Online socializing and networking.
- Information exchange – Participants seeing the online experience as more than a place to get the information, but also exchange ideas with others.
- Knowledge Construction – Participants start to engage with each other in a more exposed and participative manner.
- Development – Participants become responsible for their own learning through computer mediated opportunities.
E- moderating: The key to Teaching and Learning Online, Salmon. G, 2011.
In relation to my own online learning in EDFD459, I feel I am now working at stage 3 – Information Exchange. I feel confident exchanging my views and understandings of topics and enjoy receiving feedback about posts I have made, as well as seeking guidance where needed.